ISSN 1413-2478 printed version
Scope and Policy
The Brazilian Education Journal accepts for publication original articles of Brazilian and foreign authors in respect of education, resulting primarily from surveys as well as studies theorists who contribute to the advancement of knowledge about the subject and promote new studies and research .
Are also published papers, book reviews and reading scores. In the Documents section, are distributed collective texts prepared by ANPEd or related associations as well as recent documents (laws, opinions, normalization), originating from government agencies and addressing issues of concern for education. Texts dealing with controversial issues or discuss any matter with defense positions, are published in the Open Space section.
The publication of articles is conditioned to two appraisals by referees from the Editorial Board or by ad hoc referees. In case there is any discrepancy, a third opinion is sought. Complaints and other specific problems are dealt with and decided by the Editorial Board.
The selection of articles for publication takes into account its contribution to education and to the editorial line of the journal, as well as the originality of the theme and of its discussion and the rigor and consistency of its theoretical and methodological framework. Any eventual change in structure or content as suggested by either the referees or the Editorial Board are only incorporated into the text with the thorough agreement of the authors.
Format and Preparation of the manuscripts
The articles should be of the minimum length of 40 thousand and maximum of 70 thousand characters with spaces, including bibiographic references and notes (they have to be counted with the Tools of the Word processor - either Word or Star Office, for instance).
Book Reviews should not exceed 10 thousand characters in length, including the spaces, and the Reading Notes should not be longer than 5 thousand characters. Complete bibliographic references are obligatory for reviewed or commented on texts. The typing and formatting of the text should follow the same instructions given for the articles.
The texts that are to be published in the section Open Space should follow the limit of 50 mil characters and should comply with the other requirements for submission of articles. The articles and other texts for publication should be typed in one of the programs of text editors in a model format for PC (except Right Letter and Easy - Carta Certa e Fácil).
Citations of authors within the text should be as follows: (author, date) or (author, date, p.), as in the following examples: (Silva, 1989) or (Silva, 1989, p. 95). Different titles of the same author that have been published in the same year should be mentioned with a different letter after the date, as for instance: (Garcia, 1995a), (Garcia, 1995b) and so forth.
Bibliographic references should have only the authors and Works cited within the article and should be presented at the end of it, in alphabetic order, complying with the updated rules of the ABNT. Manuscripts that neither have bibliographic references nor appropriately present them will not be considered for publication. It should be noted that the librarians of all universities are qualified to offer information relative to the correct use of references. Also, some illustrations of the application of ABNT rules can be found at the end of these Notes.
References at the bottom of the page should be exclusively of a clarifying nature. All of those should be numbered and be presented at the bottom of the page (please use the automatic computer key that reads "Insert/Notes").
All the articles should have a summary (in Portuguese) and an abstract (in English) at the end of them. Those should not be longer than 1.000 characters each, indicating at least three key words.
At the end of the paper, the author should also present data relative to their highest degree, as well as their institution and area of knowledge. They should cite two or three most important published material, the title of their research under development and their full e-mail and postal address for correspondence. Tables, graphs, maps, images and others should be presented in a separate sheet in the article, and the places where they should be inserted should be presented. They also should be numbered and have titles attached to them, as well as present their corresponding sources. Whenever possible, they should be available in a direct reproduction mode.
The Journal is not complied to give back the manuscripts it has received.
Instructions in order to format the manuscripts
1. The whole manuscript should be typed in Times New Roman, size 12, with simple lines between them, without any special fonts or attributes for titles and sections.
2. Use bold and capital letters for the main title, and bold and capital and normal letters for the sub-titles of sections.
3. For highlighting purposes within the manuscript, use only italics; also, paragraphs should be signaled only with a touch of tabulation and by touching the Enter key only.
4. Separate titles of sections, name of the author and so on from the main text with a double Enter.
5. For transcriptions, use the same Times New Roman, size 11, separated grom the main text with a double Enter and should be introduced with two touches of tabulation.
Instructions for application of the ABNT rules
1. Books: surname of the author (in capital letters)/COMMA/followed by the first name (in capital and normal letter)/COMMA/date (between brackets)/STOP/Title of the article (in italics)/COLLON (in case there is any subtitle)/Subtitle (where applicable)/STOP/Number of publications (in a short mode and only if it is not the first publication)/STOP/Place of publication/COLLON, SPACE/Name of the translator (where applicable)/ STOP. Example: APPLE, Michael W., (1989). Educação e poder. 2ª ed. Porto Alegre: Artes Médicas. Tradução de Maria Cristina Monteiro.
2. Articles: surname of the author (Capital) / COMMA/ followed ty the name (capital and normal letters)/COMMA/Date (between brackets)/STOP/Títle of the article/STOP/ Title of the journal (in italics)/COMMA/Pages of the article/STOP. Example: MACHADO, L.R.S., (1985). Cidadania e trabalho no ensino de segundo grau. Em Aberto, v. 4, nº 28, p. 35-8.
3. Books with contributions from many authors: surname of the author of the chapter (capital)/COMMA/followed by the first name (capital and normal letters)COMMA/date between brackets/STOP/Title of the chapter/STOP/ Write " In" / Surname of the editor (captial lettters)/COMMA/First letters of the names of the editor (IF THERE IS ANY OTHER EDITOR, REPEAT THE PROCESS, SEPARATING THE NAMES BY A COMMA)/ (Write, whenever applicable, the word " (ed.)"/ STOP/Title of the book (in italics)/COLLON (in case there is a sub-title)/Sub-title(when applicable)/STOP/Number of publication, in short (in case it is not the first one)/STOP/Place of publication/COLLON , Space/ Name of the publisher/STOP/Name of the translator (where applicable)/STOP.
ExAMPLE: ROMÃO, José E., (1994). Alfabetizar para libertar. In: GADOTTI, M., TORRES, C.A. (orgs.). Educação popular: utopia latino-americana. São Paulo: Cortez.
4. Academic Theses: surname of the author (in Capital letters)/COMMA/followed by the name (in capital and normal letters)/COMMA/Date, between brackets/STOP/Title of the material(in italic)/COLON (in case there is a sub-title)/Sub-title (in case there is one)/STOP/degree to which it corresponds/STOP/Instituion where it has been presented/COMMA/Type of reproduction/STOP.
ExAMPLE: DI GIORGI, Cristiano Amaral Garboggini, (1992). Utopia da educação popular : o paradigma da educação popular e a escola pública. Tese de doutorado. Faculdade de Educação da Universidade de São Paulo.
Submitting the manuscripts
The Revista Brasileira de Educação receives articles for review and possible publication.
1. Sign in to your account. If you don't have a account, create a register on the site.
[Home] [About the journal] [Editorial board] [Subscriptions]
All the content of the journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons License
Rua Visconde de Santa Isabel, 20 Grupo 206-208 - Vila Isabel
20570-120 - Rio de Janeiro - RJ - Brasil
Tel.: +55 21 2576-1447 / +55 21 2265-5521
Fax.: +55 21 3879-5511